Existing acid filters do not remove the contamination responsible for bearing failures or servo valve sticking. This contamination accumulates over time and is deposited on mechanical surfaces because of temperature and pressure changes.
EPT’s Ion Charge Bonding (ICB™) filters take filtration to the next level by not only removing acids, but by removing the contamination responsible for failure. ICB™ filters offer unmatched performance that will resolve lubricant deposit formation and, when used as part of our phosphate ester fluid maintenance and testing program, will significantly reduce the risk of production losses.
ICB™ filter products are supported by a team of world-class experts, who are specialists in the maintenance of phosphate ester fluids. With 1000s of global installations to date, many operating for over 20 years, ICB™ filters have achieved over 100 million hours of operating performance history on some of the largest power stations and super-critical applications worldwide.
Key Benefits of ICB™ Filters
- Remove the dissolved breakdown products that are responsible for servo valve and/or bearing failures
- Dramatically increase fluid resistivity values which eliminates a common servo valve failure mode referred to as electrokinetic wear or valve erosion
- Unlike conventional products, ICB™ filters do not contribute fine particulate, or add dissolved metals that contribute to increased rates of fluid breakdown
- ICB™ filters are available in standard size cartridges or as part of a complete fluid treatment system (see SVR™)
- Complete stainless steel construction featuring robotic, spiral welding which provides maximum filter integrity
While originally developed for phosphate ester lubricants, EPT has expanded the capabilities of ICB™ filters for a wide range of lubricants and additives types as follows:
- ICB™ A filter for phosphate ester, fire-resistant lubricants, sold under the brand names: Fyrquel®, Fyrquel® EHC, Fyrquel® EHC Plus, Fyrquel® GT, Reolube® TurboFluid 46XC, Reolube® TurboFluid B, Anvol® 46 XC, Shell Turbo® Fluid DR 46, Mobil Pyrotec® HFD 46, and many others
- ICB™ C filter for polyol ester fluids including QuintoLubric®
- ICB™ J filter for polyol ester lubricants used in aero derivative jet engines including Mobil Jet® II
- ICB™ T filter for mineral oil based hydraulic fluids
- ICB™ V filter for mineral oil based turbine and compressor lubricants
Fyrquel is a registered trademark of ICL, Reolube is a registered trademark of Chemtura, Anvol is a registered trademark of Castrol. Shell Turbo is a trademark of Shell Oil Company. Mobil Pyrotec and Mobil Jet are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation. Quintolubric is a registered trademark of Quaker Chemicals.