Lubricant varnish forms when a lubricant’s capacity to hold dissolved oil breakdown products is exceeded.
EPT’s Soluble Varnish Removal (SVR™) system removes and prevents accumulation of these dissolved oil breakdown products during normal turbine operation so that lubricant varnish cannot form – period.
The SVR™ system targets and eliminates the primary cause of varnish formation; whereas, all other systems (electrostatic, agglomeration, and depth filtration) must wait for varnish to form before they are of any value.
Key Benefits of SVR™ Systems
- ICB™ filter purification technology for soluble varnish contaminant removal:
- Over 40 million successful operating hours
- ICB™ filters will not affect turbine oil additives
- 4-6x more capacity than competing varnish removal systems
- Unlike competing systems, SVR™ purifies 100% of reservoir volume each day
- Quickly reduces and prevents servo valve sticking
- SVR™ system quickly reduces varnish potential in large gas turbines as measured by the MPC or QSA® (Quantitative Spectrophotometric Analysis – Analysts, Inc.) tests
- Unlike particulate removal technologies, SVR™ works all the time including operating conditions when varnish is dissolved in the oil
- Eliminates the varnish formation cycle that typically occurs when the oil cools during turbine shut down
- Removes all forms of varnish (solid and dissolved)
- Low cost of ownership over 10 years with defined consumable costs
- ICB™ filter cartridges are changed annually when installed on common sized reservoirs and used in maintenance mode
- Small footprint and straight-forward operation
- Low maintenance: Turn it on and let it run, that’s it!
- Guaranteed to work with comprehensive analysis included at no charge until results are documented