TMR™ N2 System
Most water removal systems use heat, vacuum, and pumps, which are all expensive to operate and maintain, to force the separation of the water from the lubricant.
What is not understood is that in many applications, the primary mode of water ingression is atmosphere itself. When the moisture content of the atmosphere is higher than the moisture content in the lubricant, the atmosphere provides an unlimited source of water.
Using mechanical separation systems in this scenario, simply dehydrates the lubricant to an unsaturated state so that it can absorb more water from atmosphere. This creates an energy intensive cycle that fails to address the primary cause of water ingression.
Total Moisture Removal Nitrogen systems (TMR™ N2) cost effectively remove all three forms of water (free, emulsified and dissolved) from lubricants and hydraulic fluids through mass transfer, which is a highly effective, non-mechanical process.
Key Benefits of TMR™ N2 Systems
- High purity, dry, inert N2 (98%) is generated at the source, providing unlimited capacity to reduce existing moisture
- Will maintain water at very low levels
- Free flowing N2 is exhausted out the breather element or building exhaust reversing the typical flow configuration and eliminating one of the key ingression points for water and particulate contamination
- Eliminates lubricant contact with oxygen, reducing oxidation and promoting the removal of H2, CO, C2H4, and other harmful breakdown gases
- Normally eliminates the need for expensive vacuum dehydration equipment or disposable filter elements when water ingression rates are low or solely from atmosphere
- Very low maintenance requirements (30 minutes per year)
- Quick return on investment (ROI)
- For applications where N2 is not appropriate – i.e. confined spaces, TMR™ Air systems, which work in a similar fashion are available